Job Title: Cashier
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Front End Manager
A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Support and execute superior customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
Festival Foods - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...