Our Cashiers are responsible for cultivating an efficient and friendly guest experience while maintaining the "Customer First" brand standards during the last phase of a guests visit with Golfsmith. They are responsible for all customer transactions, ensuring guest satisfaction at the service desk and proper control of all cash and media materials.
- Ensure each Customer receives outstanding Customer Service by providing an effective and efficient guest-friendly environment, exceptional standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of the "CustomerFirst" brand standards.
- Process information and merchandise through computer and POS register system.
- Assure the completion of all POS transactions while maintaining proper control of all cash and media at the POS registers according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance of Company policies, procedures and practices; supports Golfsmith's loss prevention efforts.
- Assist in providing exceptional Customer Service, floor moves, housekeeping, display maintenance and merchandise replenishment as needed.
- Recognize ways to improve internal processes and create solutions to meet the Customer's needs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a positive, guest-centric attitude by listening, understanding and responding to guest needs while being committed to the Customer First philosophy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with associates and customers.
- Thorough knowledge of processing information and merchandise via a computer and POS register system; ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching, kneeling and climbing a ladder; ability to lift and/or move up to 50 (fifty) to 100 (one hundred) pounds at any given time.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- 1-3 months of related experience