Seasonal and permanent openings are currently available
The primary purpose of this position is to provide excellent customer service to people shopping in Rite Aid stores. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, answering customer inquiries, and resolving customer complaints.
• Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
• Reconcile cash register drawers at the end of the shift.
• Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office, including all housekeeping tasks.
• Stock store shelves and end-caps with merchandise when it is delivered to the store.
• Ensure the proper identification is produced when selling alcohol, tobacco, and lottery tickets, if applicable.
• Assist with the operation of the One-hour Photo department, if applicable.
• Build displays of merchandise and complete new plan-o-grams sent from the corporate offices.
• Complete inventory counts and order merchandise based on the results.
• Put up signs that identify items on sale in weekly advertisements and take down this signage when the sale is over.
• Assist with price markdowns and changes for merchandise on the shelves.
Experience / Requirements:
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
• Ability to work day, evening, or night shift(s).
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
No prior experience or training is required.
Rite Aid - 17 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...