To provide our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient checkout service; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to make change with all denominations of American currency.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LOS, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to the Front End operation.
- Comply with all store rules, Company policies, safety requirements, security standards and all local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress according to company policy to include uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint.
- Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Accurately identify and scan product under correct department (when necessary).
- Accurately collect proper payment and provide proper change.
- Process all forms of payments (i.e., cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, Rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc).
- Properly bag customer’s orders safely and efficiently.
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Be knowledgeable in the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Comply with all ShopRite Service Priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Shoprite brand is one of the leaders in South African food retailing and is, according to independent market research, the brand of...