BECOME PART OF A PASSIONATE CREW!!
As a cashier, you will provide a memorable customer shopping experience by ensuring each customer is greeted promptly and that each sale is processed accurately and efficiently. You will be the first and final Expert our customers interact with, so having a friendly personality is crucial to this role. Cashiers are also encouraged to suggestive sell our Value Added Services and recommend add-on sales while processing customer transactions. You must develop and maintain a general familiarity with all products ensuring customers needs have been met and the sale complete.
- Acknowledge customers entering and exiting the store in a friendly manner
- Process register transactions (sales, returns, exchanges) accurately and efficiently
- Ability to suggestive sell from the register bay
- Exceed performance metrics and sales goals
- Answer the phone quickly and in a friendly manner
- Resolve customer problems efficiently and tactfully
- Adhere to all cashier-related policies and procedures
- Support and comply with all Company, store and area policies and procedures
- Monitor customer lines and wait time
- Keep the area stocked and organized according to merchandise and housekeeping standards
- Comply with Loss Prevention and safety requirements
- Cooperate and assist other departments as needed
- Attend product clinics as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts.
Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our store-level teams, we are seeking friendly individuals who live an active lifestyle to join our retail sales division. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to effectively use register/computer equipment
- Ability to handle cash accurately
- Outgoing, friendly personality a must
- Ability to persuasively sell in order to meet goals
- Posses exceptional customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Previous retail/register experience preferred
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.
Sport Chalet - 15 months ago
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...