You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Town & Country Toyota a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
- The cashier receives cash from customers and employees in payment for goods and services and records the amount received in an accurate manner.
- He/she is sometimes the customer’s last contact with the dealership and therefore, must represent the dealership in a friendly, professional manner. The cashier provides assistance to the accounting office as directed on an individual task basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate the customer’s bill using the dealership’s computer system.
- Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record the amount received on the repair order and/or counter ticket.
- All personal checks are to be guaranteed. Any checks failing to guarantee must be approved by management.
- Make change accurately and issue receipts to customers. Have every repair order signed by the customer at time of payment.
- Ascertain and record totals of counter tickets and repair orders and verify against all cash, checks and credit card payments on hand at end of shift.
- Work with department managers to keep abreast of new products and services offered by the dealership and any changes in price.
- Refer customers who have additional questions (e.g. questions about their repair order) to the service advisor or other appropriate individual.
- Handle customer complains with integrity and poise and take or refer the complaining customer to the appropriate individual for further communication.
- Give cash refunds accurately to customers for approved returned merchandise.
- Maintain service files timely.
- Perform receptionist duties as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Basic skills with computer and other office machines (copier, credit card machine, telephone, adding machine)
necessary to perform the cashiering/clerical duties.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work well with customers and present a friendly, helpful attitude at all times.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career: the move to Town & Country Toyota. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the Town & Country Toyota difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
Sonic Automotive, Inc. - 2 years ago