Works together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by the Team Leader/Store Leadership, are met or exceeded. Provides excellent customer service while serving and selling the highest quality foods. Abides by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
1. Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
2. Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
3. Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
4. Follow established food safety procedures.
5. Keep the register area clean and well-stocked.
6. Notify the immediate Supervisor of any errors in retail pricing or signage.
7. Sample store products to the customers.
8. Take special orders and inform the appropriate Team Leader.
9. Be aware of new products and their placement.
10. Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
11. Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
12. Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
13. Report safety violations and hazards immediately.
14. Effectively communicate with all Team Members regarding proper department operations.
15. Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
16. Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
17. Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
18. Assist other departments when necessary to facilitate customer service.
19. Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
20. Walk Produce department to facilitate product identification.
21. Operate cash register and tally customer purchases.
22. Collect payment for purchases and make change.
23. Maintain secure custody of all cash, the cash till and any other items such as register key.
24. Notify the Supervisor when a cash pickup or change is needed.
25. Count out and organize till at the end of the shift.
26. When necessary, bag groceries and gather shopping carts.
27. Regular attendance is essential.
28. Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader/Store Leadership.
29. Maintain a safe and sanitary department. Report all life safety and fire hazards to your Team Leader for correction. Comply with all occupational safety and health regulations. Report all accidents and injuries to your Team Leader or Store Leadership immediately.
30. The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure proper functions of operations of the team.
Internal Applicants must submit a PN Internal Application.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to work well within a team.
2. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to perform basic math skills.
4. Can lift a minimum of 15 up to 40 pounds.
5. Able to meet physical job requirements.
6. Must have a passion for natural foods.
7. Ability to communicate with Guests & Team Members.
8. Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
9. Possess some guest service experience.
10. Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
11. Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
12. Desire to learn all aspects of Team.
1. Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
2. May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
3. Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
4. Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals.
5. Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
6. May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
7. Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
8. Walking surfaces are sometimes slick.
9. Repetitive stretching and lifting required.
10. Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
11. Iteration of duties.
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our Guests.
We look for individuals who are passionate about food, people, and our companies mission. We also look for well-rounded individuals who will help build our locations into profitable and beneficial members of their communities.
We are committed to mentoring Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores.
We look forward to seeing you in our stores!
Whole Foods Market - 2 years ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...