The Casing Driller is involved with, and can also be responsible for leading, all aspects of the casing drilling operations. Typical activities include planning for and preparation of the equipment, physical revisions to surface and downhole tools, and problem solving on the rig site. Mobility for commuting is required for this position.
Successful Casing Drillers are tenacious, excellent communicators, and versatile learners. They enjoy solving problems and can perform consistently in stressful work environments either independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide technical support on casing drilling to clients and crew members at the wellsite.
- Keep abreast of all casing drilling techniques, tools, and methodologies: straight and directional hole, nonretrievable drill bits, retrievable systems, steerable bottomhole assemblies.
- Develop expertise on casing drilling well planning techniques, rig procedures, methodologies, and operations parameters.
- Prepare and deliver end-of-well reports and client's final product delivery report.
- Manage inventory and supplies.
- Maintain communication with the client wellsite representative, rig crew, and field support staff.
- Follow up on all QHSE events and ensure incident reports are closed with clients.
- Train, coach, and mentor less experienced casing drillers.
- 2- or 3-year associate degree from technical college or bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience as an oilfield directional driller preferred.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art drilling technologies and practices.
- Fluency in English language, with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical skills and computer literacy.
Schlumberger - 16 months ago
- 3 days ago
- 4 days ago
- 7 days ago
Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, it...