Post by Jobing - Ovations Food Services, LP, an affiliate of Comcast–Spectacor, is a fast–growing industry leader, providing contract food service to public venues throughout the US and in Canada. Since our inception in 1997, annual sales have exceeded $250,000,000. Our Sports & Entertainment facilities include arenas, stadiums, baseball parks, convention centers, fairgrounds, racetracks, amphitheaters, exhibition and convention centers. Venues range from small, historic minor league ballparks to well–known basketball arenas like the Rose Garden Arena, home to the NBA Portland Trail Blazers, and major football stadiums like the EverBank Field, home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars.
In 2007, Ovations successfully launched its Gaming Division which provides exceptional food and beverage service in a growing number of Native American casinos in the Southwest, Southeast and in California. Please visit our website www.ovationsfoodservices.com for more company information.We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced BEVERAGE MANAGER to oversee our food service operations at Vee Quiva Casino at Gila River in Phoenix, AZ. The Beverage Manager will be responsible for coordinating the work force in their Bar, Lounge, or Beverage Service Station operations to provide prompt, accurate and friendly service for the venue guests. The Beverage Manager will enforce all company policies and procedures related to beverage services, and food services (where applicable).
The Beverage Manager ensures that the P.O.S. system is working properly and takes action to correct problems when needed. The Beverage Manager will be responsible for safeguarding all cash and charge receipts generated each day. The Beverage Manager works with the Director of F&B and Purchasing Manager to design, implement and monitor all beverage pricing, specials, post–off opportunities, and beverage inventory levels through–out their facility.The Beverage Manager will be responsible for: • All aspects of the effective management of the business operations within a casino environment.
The ideal candidate MUST have the following qualifications: • 3–4 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity in a fast–paced fast food environment preferred. • Must have a High School Diploma, G.E.D. or related Food Service Job Experience. • Must have a Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card and/or Serve Safe.
- Ensuring total compliance with all alcohol service policies, if applicable. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Effectively and compliantly addresses any alcohol service or compliance issues immediately. • Completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice, including independently initiating and authorizing any employment action deemed necessary.
- Supervising employees on the proper instructions on food handling, cash handling and work safety rules. • Providing on–going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly staff. Monitor product quality and ensure high level of guest service. • Troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Supervising the opening, closing and balancing of any and all accounting practices, as necessary. • Verifying opening inventory, ensuring inventory levels during event, tracking all discards and spoilage, validating all stock received and transferred out, counting ending inventory and closing point of sale terminals. • Overseeing staff in the Bar, Lounge, and Beverage Service staff ensuring proper uniform, appearance and break coordination. • Communicating clearly and directly with employees concerning manifest specifications, policies and procedures including alcohol–dispensing regulations.
- Receiving an operating bank from the vault and verifying the total. • Ensuring that all equipment in assigned location is working properly. • Ensuring that all department staff members are keeping up with demand for product and they achieve recipe/quality standards. • Customer satisfaction through interaction including but not limited to: greeting guests, tableside visits, consistence supervision and inspection of all dining rooms, lounges, kitchens, and storage rooms through the day.
No recruiter or staffing sales calls, applicant calls or walk–ins please.
- Must complete Gila River approved Alcohol Certification Program • Must have strong knowledge of wine, beer and liquor. • All employees must obtain a valid gaming license from the State Gaming Agency and Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work and are required to have license renewed annually. • Ability to communicate with employees, co–workers, management staff and guests in a clear, business–like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment. • Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team–oriented, fast–paced, event–driven environment. • Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory. • Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems. • Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements. • Good verbal and written communication skills. • Completed additional training modules with Human Resources.Ovations Food Services, LP – Ovations FanFare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/V/F/D encouraged to apply.