Post by Jobing - Ovations Food Services, LP, an affiliate of Comcast–Spectacor, is a fast–growing industry leader, providing contract food service to public venues throughout the US and in Canada. Since our inception in 1997, annual sales have exceeded $250,000,000. Our Sports & Entertainment facilities include arenas, stadiums, baseball parks, convention centers, fairgrounds, racetracks, amphitheaters, exhibition and convention centers. Venues range from small, historic minor league ballparks to well–known basketball arenas like the Rose Garden Arena, home to the NBA Portland Trail Blazers, and major football stadiums like the EverBank Field, home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars.
In 2007, Ovations successfully launched its Gaming Division which provides exceptional food and beverage service in a growing number of Native American casinos in the Southwest, Southeast and in California. Please visit our website www.ovationsfoodservices.com for more company information. We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Food Court Manager to oversee our food service operations at Vee Quiva Casino in Phoenix, AZ.The Food Court Manager will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Food Court Manager will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.The Food Court Manager will be responsible for: • All aspects of the effective management of the business operations within a casino environment.
The ideal candidate MUST have the following qualifications: • Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two–year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Gila River Gaming license specific to job function. • Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification. • All employees must obtain a valid gaming license from the State Gaming Agency and Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work and are required to have license renewed annually.
- Ensuring total compliance with all alcohol service policies, if applicable. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Effectively and compliantly addresses any alcohol service or compliance issues immediately. • Completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice, including independently initiating and authorizing any employment action deemed necessary.
- Supervising employees on the proper instructions on food handling, cash handling and work safety rules. • Providing on–going direction, supervision and mentoring to hourly staff. Monitor product quality and ensure high level of guest service. • Supervising the opening, closing and balancing of any and all accounting practices, as necessary.
- Generating employee schedules and verifies employee time for all Food Court outlets. • The on–going training, development, mentoring and supervision of hourly employees, as directed by department managers; responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice. • A hands–on approach to cook times, quality and execution. • Protecting branded concepts through audits and compliance processes.
- Valid Food Handler’s certificate as required by state and/or county of venue. • Valid Alcohol Service Permit as required by state and/or county of venue. • Basic computer proficiency: E–mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+. • Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.
- Cash handling abilities; basic math skills including significant number manipulation. • Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements. • Good verbal and written communication skills. • Ability to clearly speak read and write in English.
- Functional competencies in initiative, food production and services; computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets.Ovations Food Services, LP – Ovations FanFare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/V/F/D encouraged to apply. No recruiter or staffing sales calls, applicant calls or walk–ins please.
Jobing - 2 years ago