OCS Retail Support provide stocktaking services to various National and International Retailers. We are looking for Casual Retail Stocktake Scanners and various role within our Count Management teams to carry out stock audits for a range of retail customers.
Who are OCS Retail Support? For the retail industry, loss of stock through shrinkage or inaccuracy of stock holdings can result in a huge impact on profit and store stocktakes can take a lot of manpower and time which could be focused on increasing sales. We provide a professional and independent team to provide stock control solutions. Our team of vetted and trained stocktakers work across the UK and beyond with experienced managers to ensure consistently high levels of productivity using leading edge systems. Many of our retail customers are High Street Stores, DIY stores and Food retailers but we also offer our services at many other sites.
Working at different customers sites within your own travelling range, your main duty will be to use our hand held terminals to accurately count items of stock.
All shifts are offered, but you will select what suits your needs. Work levels fluctuate during the year as every one of our customers has their own bespoke stocktaking calendars and requirements. Work is offered and accepted as and when required by both OCS and by the workers themselves.
- We have various shifts and hours of work available, both days and nights
- Often over 7 days, with a minimum of 5 hours per shift.
- Shift start times can be as early as 4am or as late as 9pm, purely based on the needs of our customers.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given, but you will require:
- All work will require prolonged periods of standing and some use of step stools and ladders.
- Additionally, you will be required at times to kneel, bend or squat in order to access and work with low and ground level stock.
- You will follow set procedures including counting routines that will involve some manual handling activities i.e. pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying.
- There is also a requirement to actively respond to both verbal and audio instructions in order to ensure that Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to.
- Some contracts involve working outside of customer premises in all types of weather
We have available vacancies for independent workers travelling in their own vehicles and team workers travelling on company provided transport.
- Professional and responsible manner
- Willingness and ability to travel (within your own travelling range)
- Experience in Retail or IT is advantageous but not necessary
- Full Driving Licence and Vehicle to use for work (Management & Independent Only)
While working with OCS, Company and Customer confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
If you are interested in being a Casual Stock Scanner or Count Manager, the next step is to complete your online application and you may then be invited to attend one of our regional recruitment presentations where you may have the opportunity to continue your application.
If you require further information about these roles please email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note: Applications will only be considered from candidates who are eligible to live and work within the UK.
OCS Group is an international facilities services provider, employing over 56,000 people worldwide. It provides a wide range of services,...