For nearly 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 11th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 27 countries staffed by 10,100 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50 billion in assets and $13 billion in revenues in 2010. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 185th largest U.S.-based corporation. Forbes listed Chubb as one of America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
Our Claim organization has a current job opportunity for an SIU Investigator supporting our Casualty line of business. This position will be housed out of our Chicago, Illinois Branch Claim Office.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze first reports of loss, underlying file material, and/or underwriting file, to determine if claim is suspect or potentially fraudulent
- Conduct a complete, in-depth investigation to develop sufficient evidence to determine the claim handling decision
- Recommend a final course of claim action- substantiation of legitimate claim, or denial of an unjustified claim
- Collaborate and communicate with the following during the investigation: Claim Department, Claim Operations, Loss Control Department, Underwriting Departments, Agents Counsel, Insureds and/or their Legal Representatives, National Fraud Manager, Law Enforcement, Regulatory Agencies, and Industry Anti-Fraud Organizations
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all of the above
- Ensure strong customer service and relations at all times
- Manage (select, direct, employ, and maintain) private investigator panel of independent contractors and other vendors for quality and cost effective results
- Maintain and monitor an active diary, properly documenting all developments in claim file, prepare investigative reports, maintain suspicious claim database, and prepare reports on a quarterly basis to supervisors
- Be familiar with and appropriately adhere to fraud statutes
- Actively pursue memberships in professional anti-fraud investigative organizations and participate in associated training and events offered
- Train and influence Claim, Loss Control and Underwriting colleagues as well as Insureds to detect and prevent insurance fraud
- Adhere to Chubb service standards, Chubb Code of Professional Conduct, statutory regulations, and Unfair Claims Practice Acts
- Ensure the character and reputation of an insured, claimant, or other party is positively maintained- not maligned or criticized as well as ensure that investigations have a clear, single focused intent of uncovering and providing necessary facts to expeditiously resolve a claim in a quality manner
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong expertise in suspect claim identification and handling
- High level of acumen in the areas of investigation, listening, strategic/analytical thinking, problem solving, and innovative thinking
- Strong knowledge of general industry trends and legislative activities in regard to fraudulent claim handling, tort reform, fraud statutes, and civil/criminal procedures
- Clear interest in and quality execution of "deeper" level investigations
- Strong interpersonal/ relationship skills- proven ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships in all situations; success with being a positive "face" to customers; ability to investigate through relationships; acumen to build and maintain successful relationships with internal colleagues as well as local law enforcement, attorney general employees, and insurance bureaus
- Highly proficient collaboration expertise- ability to work with a diverse team of internal and external colleagues to successfully complete an investigation and provide superior customer service
- Desire and acumen for training and influencing others in respect to the execution of an investigation and how to identify fraud proactively: Examiners, Underwriters, Producers, Customers, Loss Control, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with confidence, autonomy, initiative, and ambition
- High level of dependability, accountability, and integrity
- Some travel required
- College degree preferred
- Prior investigator or claims background a plus
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by DiversityInc magazine, one of America’s most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
All interested applicants must apply online at www.chubb.apply2jobs.com
Chubb & Son, Inc., a division of Federal Insurance Company, does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies or recruiters. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.