Catalog Purchasing Manager
When you Join Team Caterpillar as a Catalog Purchasing Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to manage strategic breakthrough catalogs to deliver year over year Quality Cost Logistics Development Management (QCLDM) performance improvement, and therefore create value through an improved supplier base and P2P experience.
Reporting directly to this position are Coordinators and Purchasing Analysts.
The role will encompass managing Electroinc Catalogs enabling efficienct utilization of the P2P process. The role will require a strong communicator capable of keeping the customer fully informed of progress and working closely with the customer to ensure all requirements are met.
This position will require minimal travel.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* You will be accountable for the development, communication and implementation of a worldwide catalog strategy for all indirect categories.
* You will be required to collaborate with Segment, Site and Product Managers to create a competitive advantage for our customers and the enterprise by developing, optimizing, and integrating a world-class supply base, while delivering local service excellence.
* You will be responsible for the catalog liaison with Indirect Purchasing Managers.
* You will manage a team of catalog enablement professionals who will develop catalog process and tools capable of meeting QCLDM requirements.
* You will develop, mentor, and train personnel capable of delivering the Global Catalog strategy for each Indirect category.
* Through a strong knowledge of the electronic catalogs you will set and sustain strategy. You will lead teams to fully understand the requirements and performance of the Catalog strategy.
* Using a 6 Sigma Strategic Sourcing approach, the team will evaluate strategic options; decide a course of action and implement.
* Electronic catalog knowledge and experience required. Experience in additional disciplines preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree – or equivalent experience required.
* Complex strategic relationship management experience required
* Knowledge of Quality and Cost Modeling tools
* Lean manufacturing, an understanding of lean principles
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable International certification. Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
* Previous 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt or Sponsor experience preferred
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Feb 16, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
Purchasing & Procurement
Caterpillar - 17 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...