Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
Voted one of the World’s Leading Top 100 Companies by Forbes magazine
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Executive Administrative Assistant for our Catastrophe team in Northbrook, IL.
This position is responsible for all aspects of administrative assistance with day to day responsibility for at least 4 Senior Claims leaders. This includes tasks involving comprehensive and diversified administrative support by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization.
This Executive Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
There is some travel involved however it is minimal and overtime will be afforded for travel time when applicable
- Provide varied administrative support to multiple managers and staff by applying in-depth knowledge of department policy and organization
- Complete professional documents utilizing basic grammar, spelling and formatting skills, including accurate preparation of presentations, memoranda, report summaries, meeting agendas and employee communications.
- Handle calls in a timely manner and initiate oral and written responses to routine inquiries.
- Available to handle unusual situations and confidential information.
- Ability to take initiative, use good judgment, understand and meet deadlines and carry multiple projects through to completion with the ability to work independently and re-prioritize as needed.
- Knowledge of major department/business unit functions and policies.
- Identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate and recommend corrective action within the work group.
- Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact.
- High level accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as the ability to deal with interruptions and other unexpected events.
Hear what current employees have to say about working at Allstate:
Our ideal candidate possess:
High School education or GED equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
Certified Professional Secretary Designation preferred.
2+ years of executive administrative assistant experience.
Advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written response to inquiries regarding routine situations
Ability to prioritize work and organize own time in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications.
Capable of independent judgment when solving problems on own
Work under general direction
Ability to train and lead routine work processes
Identify, initiate, recommend, and implement corrective action within workgroup
Ability to complete a professional document utilizing basic grammar, spelling, and format skills
Ability to prepare presentations independently
Advanced knowledge of required software applications
Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including difficult situations
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
The World’s Leading Top 100 Companies
Diversity Elite - America’s Best 50 Companies for Minorities
100 Best Companies for Working Mothers
Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work
Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work
Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT
Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development
Allstate - 24 months ago
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're In...