The Model Development group is looking for a Catastrophe Flood Modeler to help it build industry leading stochastic catastrophe models for the quantification and management of catastrophe risk.
- Develop of flood vulnerability functions for catastrophe computer based risk models for US and international countries.
- Conduct research into the physical nature of flood phenomena and development of physical based vulnerability functions for property and business interruption coverage.
- Review and interpret past event data that plays a critical role in the flood process, Understand and develop state of the art practices in the field
- Provide technical support both internally and for clients
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we"re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable. At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Hydrology or a related field. MS degree with 3+ years flood model experience also acceptable.
- Two or more years experience in the development of probabilistic risk models is desirable
- Knowledge of engineering design codes a plus
- Good programming skills. High level of proficiency in data analysis and data manipulation
- Experience in software tools (Excel, Access, VBA and SQL)
- Working knowledge of GIS software applications preferred.
- Project management experience, ability to work on multiple projects, and the ability to work well in a team environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform required research.
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...