Ryan Specialty Group, LLC., a global organization
comprised of wholesale brokerage, Managing General
Underwriters, and syndicates at Lloyd's of London.
Technical Risk Underwriters, one of our premier business
segments seeks a Catastrophe Modeler to join our
growing, fast-paced office located in Austin, TX. The
ideal candidate will possess Catastrophe Modeling
experience, and a solid statistical skill set within the
insurance or reinsurance industry.
earthquakes, floods, windstorms and other
- Modeling, monitoring and managing exposure to
- Understand natural hazards and their statistical
- Validate data sources and interpret best fit for
- Develop approaches to modeling natural catastrophic
promote premium growth through optimization of
- Track and manage risk portfolio aggregations.
- Model loss estimates in RMS.
- Supports key aspects of portfolio management,
limits exposed before and after an event.
- Prepare and assess catastrophe events to calculate
specifications of proprietary software relating to
- Assist in the definition of functional
portfolio management and capacity tracking.
- Assemble reports for carrier level monthly exposure
- Apply multivariate statistical methods in predictive
including data validation, model diagnostics, and
- Support all phases of the predictive modeling cycle,
exploit the functionality of RMS.
- Remain informed of new product functionality in RMS.
- Cultivate knowledge of the underwriters to fully
Statistics, Finance or Economics.
- BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Math,
(AAL, Exceedance Probability).
- 5-10 years of insurance or reinsurance.
- 3 years of catastrophe modeling experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of Statistical Methods
from import to producing reports.
- Prior experience using RiskLink and RiskBrowser,
- Intermediate SQL scripting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good statistical background.
- Excellent programming ability; knowledge of MATLAB
- Solid analytical, reasoning, and problem solving
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Division/Department : TechnicalRisk Underwriters
% of Travel Required : 0-10%