Towers Watson is one of the world's top reinsurance brokers and the insurance industry's leading risk specialist. Our professionals cover all major lines of business and maintain trading relationships with more than 200 reinsurers and Lloyd's underwriters. We provide risk transfer solutions through serving as an intermediary between our clients and the insurance, reinsurance and capital markets. Through our consultative approach, industry-leading analytical capabilities and tools, and broking expertise, we are able to help clients make informed decisions about risk and capital management and execute comprehensive solutions that achieve broad coverage at competitive prices.
The Catastrophe Modeling Group is a highly qualified team of mathematicians, engineers, insurance professionals and computer scientists who help our clients understand and manage catastrophe risks. Clients rely on our expertise to set their risk management strategies, including the purchase of reinsurance. As a consultant you will be part of team that works with state-of-the-art probabilistic models to produce quantitative reports for our clients that assess potential financial loss to their insurance portfolios and evaluate various risk hedging strategies.
In this position, you will work with a team of analysts and consultants to achieve client objectives through analysing client data with a variety of software tools. You will play a key role in understanding the characteristics of each catastrophe model, their impact on risk exposures, and also contribute to the development of intellectual capital of Towers Watson. This role requires highly technical expertise in related fields and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Towers Watson are considered property of Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Towers Watson.
- Conducting checks and edits on client-supplied data with database software
- Performing catastrophe analyses using RMS, AIR and EQE software
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the models and managing model uncertainty
- Reviewing and interpreting results, and communicating findings to clients to help manage client catastrophe exposures and strategic underwriting
- Interpreting and highlighting exposures and analysing results in relationship to client's reinsurance purchase
- Defining the specifications, scope and timelines of catastrophe modelling projects
- Contributing to the development of intellectual capital
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science or related fields is preferred
- Three to five years of experience with catastrophe models is preferred
- Expert knowledge with data manipulation and database software
- Ability to relate insurance risk characteristics and policy terms to loss estimates
- Knowledge with reinsurance underwriting is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Respond to changing priorities and manage time efficiently
- Seasonal overtime is required
Towers Watson is an EEO/AA Employer, M/F/D/V
Towers Watson - 20 months ago
Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk...