Enrich your career while enriching the lives of others!
At Hallmark our mission is to Enrich Lives by helping our consumers communicate, connect, and celebrate. By working at Hallmark you will be helping people express their feelings and enhance their relationships, while at the same time building your career with one of the world’s most trusted and recognized brands.
The Walmart Team is responsible for ensuring strategic alignment with Walmart, Hallmark’s largest mass retail customer. We develop category strategies that deliver profitable revenue growth for both organizations through shopper insights, category management, and store-level execution.
Be a part of our team during this dynamic and exciting time with Hallmark's largest customer, Walmart.
This position is located in Bentonville, Arkansas.
The Category Advisor role spends a significant amount of time with the Walmart Buyer developing a strong relationship and influencing critical category decisions. This role is responsible for assisting in the development of short and long-term strategies for both Walmart & Hallmark that result in strong category growth, facilitating the delivery of sales, profit and operational goals for both companies.
This role is the marketplace expert and is influential in recommending strategies to both internal staff and Walmart Buyers. Responsibilities include developing a holistic understanding of the category, customer and competitive dynamics, consumer needs, shopper behavior and key variables affecting performance. This role translates this understanding into strategies that optimize product cost, pricing, revenue and margin requirements.
This role leads the category data analysis for Walmart that is used to formulate strategies for the total category and represents the Hallmark data and Walmart’s data using Retail Link. The data includes both Hallmark & competitive information, and requires a level of confidentiality consistent with Walmart’s expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Category Strategy – Hallmark - This role develops a holistic understanding of the category, customer and competitive dynamics, shopper needs and behavior and key variables affecting performance. This role translates this understanding into strategies that optimize product cost, pricing, revenue and margin requirements. This role consults with Category Leaders to enable those roles to create the best possible category management plan for Hallmark. This position must have a thorough understanding of the chain’s retail practices and target consumer, as well as solid perspective of the social expression industry. The incumbent completes periodic market place reviews to assess retail competition and leads the sharing of the review with internal parties.
- Category Strategy – Walmart - Work with Wal-Mart buyer/s on a daily basis to drive category strategies & understand performance. Consults with the Walmart buyer to create the best possible category management plan for both the chain. Incumbent must have a thorough understanding of the chain’s retail practices and target consumer, as well as solid perspective of the social expression industry. This role also acts at the market place expert for the Walmart buyer.
- Analytical Reports for Walmart and Hallmark – This role leads the comprehensive category analytical needs for Walmart. This includes management of data, creation of reports & analysis of key performance indicators.
- This role supplies Hallmark data portion of reports to Hallmark team. Conducts internal reporting of trends, issues and opportunities and influences Hallmark strategic direction.
- Marketplace Expert - This role completes periodic market reviews to assess retail competition and vendor compliance with category plans. Provides marketplace intelligence to Walmart and recommends direction and strategies to improve sales results.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or in the application fields. Preferred file types are: doc, docx, pdf, htm and html. Accepted also are: txt, pdt, xls, mov, jpg, swf, mp3, and zip. No other file types accepted.
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of category experience
Hallmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE. Principles only, please. Relocation may be available.
- Previous experience working directly with Hallmark and/or Walmart
- Microsoft applications (Advanced Excel skills)
- Drive for results, financial acumen, customer focused, strategic agility
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates currently living in the greater Bentonville market
Apply Today: http://www.Hallmark.com/Careers
CPG CatNet - 19 months ago
Hallmark is headquartered in Kansas City MO with manufacturing facilities in Lawrence and Leavenworth KS, Center TX and Metamora IL....