Amazon.com is looking for an experienced business leader to help drive the strategy and execution of its large and fast growing Children’s business. The Category Leader is responsible for the business direction and P&L for children’s products across Books, Music, Movies, Videogames, Toys, and Apparel businesses that overall represent over a $77B market segment. The Kids business spans hundreds of thousands of items and works with thousands of external partnerships. This role will directly manage five functional areas: vendor management, inventory planning, site marketing & merchandising, seller management, product & website development, and has full P&L responsibility.
The Category Leader will drive selection addition, pricing, new customer acquisition, improve vendor and business partnerships, improve instocks, and drive operational process improvements. He or she will build a world class site experience for children and their parents and hire & develop a strong team of functional leaders. The Category Leader will have general P&L ownership and will define and execute long-term strategic initiatives.
The Category Leader will:
- Deliver a strategy to tap into the $77B market segment and position Amazon for future growth by creating a world class customer experience.
- Develop a new platform, site experience and marketing strategy to serve a unique and highly valuable customer base.
- Develop a team of leaders who can scale to run small businesses.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 4+ years of relevant online leadership and product development experience
- Experience with P&L responsibility and /or financial analysis
- Experience leading a team of over 10 individuals with demonstrated success in hiring and developing teams
- Proven track record of success in multiple roles / companies
- Solid analytics – can derive insight and action plans from data
- Demonstrated experience setting strategic direction and launching new services or technical features
- Deals well in an ambiguous environment
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires & develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...