HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world's most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com. |
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Category Management Analyst .
Area of responsibility: Drive HUSA business as the dedicated category management analyst for the following assigned accounts:
Provide onsite support to HUSA National Accounts in Southern California. The incumbent will support HUSA and the retailer with category analytics and schematic/assortment recommendations. Analytics support will include preparation and participation in presentations to retailer on topics ranging from business reviews, new item presentations, assortment optimization recommendations, to other ad hoc analyses that help identify opportunities. This role will help identify insights and formulate recommendations that will maximize Heineken business and the retailers overall category profitability through the interpretation of consumer and customer data.
Plan and prepare
- Use syndicated and retailer-specific data to report and support the development of category management and key national account initiatives. Present insights and opportunities to the retailer where appropriate.
- Prepare retailer presentations/templates under the direction of the National Category Manager and National Account Manager such as business review, new item presentations, etc.
- Actively participation in retailer’s annual assortment process to provide Import/Specialty package-specific schematic recommendations during validation process (2X per year).
- Act as category expert focusing on Imports and Specialty segments by objectively driving category development and solutions through the use of internal retailer POS and shopper card information, Nielsen, and Spectra data.
- Assist in the discovery and presentation of opportunities to assist Kroger in driving sales initiatives and growth potential through use of retailer’s internal data, syndicated data, market visits, and investigation of consumer trends.
Collaborate with category management team, National Accounts Team and retailer to enhance category management strategies, tactics and tools.
- Report/track: retailer performance, trends and opportunities.
- Provide ongoing analysis of HUSA portfolio performance at Kroger, including weekly performance updates and post-promotion analysis of key selling periods (July 4th, etc.)
- Provide weekly reports to the Kroger and Heineken USA Account Teams.
· Be Brave
· Decide & Do
· Hunt as a Pack
· Take it Personally
· Customer Insight
· Category, portfolio, and brand understanding
· Channel, shopper, and on trade understanding
Background / Experiences:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2+ years sales analytic experience working with or within CPG industry
· Category Management exposure preferred
· Must have experience working with either Nielsen or IRI databases
· Working knowledge of internal retailer data
· Working knowledge of Apollo/Space Planning Plus, Spaceman or JDA
· Strong expertise in Excel
· Strong communication skills and flexibility
· Willing to travel (both air and car) – may require up to 10% travel
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....