Category Manager, Corporate Procurement
About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. DigitalGlobe is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Longmont, Colorado.
- Directs strategic procurement activity for the company in support of company objectives regarding revenue growth, profitability, capital deployment and operational effectiveness
- Coordinates supplier sourcing strategy in partnership with internal cross-functional departments
- Implements cost reduction strategies to meet budget objectives
- Demonstrates expertise in key IT and telecom sectors, understanding competitive landscape, growth and technology trends, pricing models, risks and mitigation strategies
- Develops and maintains executive relationships at key suppliers
- Manages supplier performance by establishing objectives and metrics to ensure best in class supply assurance and flexibility, cost management and risk mitigation
- Leverages total spend of the company to maximum effectiveness in negotiating price, terms and conditions and access to new technology
- Implements and manages best practices for the corporate function including corporate planning, buying/contracting, risk management & mitigation
- 7-10 years in strategic procurement experience with focus on IT and telecom categories
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field required
- Proven negotiating skills with extensive experience leading negotiations
- Collaborative team player who is effective at building strong working relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience leading and multi-tasking in a culture of rapid change
- Self-starter comfortable working with limited direction and supervision
- Must be a US citizen.
Our compensation package includes: competitive base salary; annual incentive plan with payouts based on results; choice of medical plan; dental, life and disability insurance; employee assistance program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; tuition reimbursement; 10 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off. DigitalGlobe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DigitalGlobe - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
DigitalGlobe has its eye on you. The company provides satellite imagery used for a variety of applications, including mapping, urban...