HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world's most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com.
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for a Category Manager.
Provide category management leadership to designated accounts providing insights on assortment, pricing, promotion, and market performance to mutually drive category and HUSA business results.
Plan and prepare
- Participate in the creation of business plans (GPS) with focus on specific category management activities
- Use syndicated and retailer-specific data to report and support the development of category management initiatives. Present insights and opportunities to the retailer where appropriate.
- Prepare retailer presentations/templates such as business review, new item presentations, promotion analysis etc.
- Serve as a category insights leader focusing on Upscale segments by objectively driving category development and solutions through the use of available data sources (Nielsen, Spectra, etc)
- Assist in the discovery and presentation of opportunities to assist retailers in driving sales initiatives and growth potential through the analysis of distribution, promotion, and pricing (GPS).
- Collaborate with category management team to enhance strategies, tactics, and tool development / implementation
- Sell-in account-specific category management programs (including shelf sets and planograms)
- Assist in piloting, implementation and maintenance of account-specific category management initiatives
- Measure and improve
- Work with account owners to measure account-specific category management plan action steps through consistent tracking and scorecards
- Be brave
- Decide & do
- Hunt as a pack
- Take it personally
- Key customer planning
- Customer insight
- Excellence in execution
- Category, portfolio, and brand understanding
- Channel, shopper, and on trade understanding
- 5+ years of CPG category management experience required
- Strong analytical and technical skills required
- Experience with syndicated data sources (Nielsen, IRI, Spectra, Household Panel) and consumer insights required
- Working knowledge of Retail Link preferred
- Exposure to retail account management and beverage distribution models preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate degree required
Heineken is one of the world's leading brewers, with a wide international presence through a global network of distributors and breweries....