Tenth and Blake Beer Company is an independent division of MillerCoors focused on the growing craft and imports segment. The company’s network of brewing expertise includes the Leinenkugel’s Brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wis., the AC Golden brewery in Golden, Colo., the Sandlot in Denver and 10th Street Brewery in Milwaukee. The company’s brands include top craft brews, such as Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s, Henry Weinhard’s, Killian’s, Batch 19 and Colorado Native, and award-winning imports, including Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell and Grolsch. More information is available at Facebook.com/TenthAndBlake. |
Posting Job Description
The Category Manager develops critical insights and selling stories for their assigned core chain accounts and supports channel teams to grow the size and the value of the beer category, while capturing a disproportionate share of growth.
The Category Manager is also the primary craft, import and cider representative, within Tenth and Blake and MillerCoors, to identified customers for all category management processes and expertise. This position addresses complex business opportunities by leveraging multiple data sources, tools,analytics, shopper insights, along with a deep understanding of the TBA category and the retail environment.
The Category Manager must be able to perform business assessments and synthesize their insights and solutions into rationally persuasive communications that support customer, brand, or channel strategies.
Area of Responsibility
Defining business opportunities
Understanding the category, channel and shopper through the use of available data sources. Internal MillerCoors data, Syndicated Data, Homescan, Spectra, Loyalty Data, Retailer Data, FeatureVision, and other Market Research
Understanding the retailers strategy, business needs, and goals
Incorporation of the MillerCoors business objectives and channel strategies
Synthesis and Insights
Incorporate consumer/shopper insights and behavior into analysis and insights
Synthesizing all insights into selling story, category and business reviews
Work collaboratively with account team(s) on sales call approach and plans
Apply MillerCoors category management standards
Coach chain team on data access and application
Implement retail solutions with customers
Deliver Category Management presentations to retailers and distributors to build partnerships and grow category
Deliver Space Management presentations in order to sell in MillerCoors space and assortment strategy
Develop customer category plans collaboratively with the retailer and distributors
Implement agreed solutions; track, measure and communicate results.
o Work with sales team and retailer to create integrated scorecard(s)
Retailer database management, maintenance, analysis, reporting
Post program results analysis
Space and Assortment
Deep understanding of the MillerCoors Space and Assortment strategy
Utilize space and assortment tools to optimize retailers category and meet the MillerCoors S/A goals
Own the Retail Reset process through project management and planogram creation/validation as needed
Education and experience
· Minimum of a bachelors’ degree
· Minimum of 5 years of data analysis or category management experience
Skills and knowledge
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office tools) (Proficiency in Access and Expert in Excel highly desired)
· Proven ability to use data and analytics to develop insights.
· Use of consumption databases i.e. ACNielsen, IRI
· Familiar with consumer panel data and shopper data i.e. Nielsen Homescan, dunnhumby, Spectra
· Understands chain sales, retail and distributor operations.
· Understands tools and techniques to merchandise and market at retail.
· Knowledge and skills to prepare for and participate in the selling process
· Strong knowledge of category management processes and application, and understands impact to the business.
· Understanding of in-store execution practices and AMPPS tactics applications
· Experience working within a consumer goods company
· Prior sales experience
· Prior planning experience
MillerCoors - 19 months ago
MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put aside their...