The Category Manager is responsible for managing overall P&L in category; driving category growth and developing strategic partnerships.
- Develop an effective plan for each category line to meet achieved budgeted goals in sales, margin, operating profit, customer acquisition, repurchase, retention and customer satisfaction
- Overall P & L category management
- Improve and monitor supply chain inefficiencies i.e. inventory turns, reduction in customer returns, overstock, out of stock, aging item, etc.
- Negotiate with vendors to secure lowest total delivered cost, volume incentives, rebates, advertising and other applicable allowances.
- Involved in business channel development (B2B channel, Canada, Private Label)
- Proactively lead and provide guidance to staff; performance management; workflow; hiring; firing; and disciplinary actions.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Research and identify opportunities for further mid-term to long-term category business development
- Establish high level vendor partnerships and negotiate optimized business terms and conditions
- Conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and business units, capable to lead staff
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or an advanced degree in related field of study
- Minimum 5+ years procurement experience is required; online advertising industry experience and previous sales/business development experience are highly desired
- Performance driven with strong ability of market/industry data analysis, capable to use date in decision making and prioritization. Forecasts and then measures outcome from the right metrics.
- Manage the entire category line life cycle from strategic planning to execution management
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think and plan clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem solving, scope technical requirements and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability for effective leadership, strong analytical thinking skills and commitment for high standard and example setting