Category Product Associate
The Category Product Associate will be responsible for managing assigned category / product initiatives and programs. This position will provide input into the development of category strategies and is expected to develop and implement tactics to support these strategies. This role will share the responsibility for profitably growing the assigned category and ensuring the success of team programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for assisting and contributing in the development and creation of the total category / product strategies, objectives and tactics. This position will be accountable for driving the performance of product classes and items within the assigned category.
- Responsible to develop effective cross-functional relationships within the organization in order to effectively accomplish the responsibilities of the function. Relationships include but are not limited to the following teams: Marketing, Marketing Services, Sales, Advertising, Customer Care, Operations, Information Technology and Finance.
- Responsible to maintain cost pricing on current, new and promotional items. Accountable to maintain contact and suggested replacement and ''cross sell'' / ''up sell'' data base.
- Responsible to work effectively with the Inventory Planning functions within the assigned category in sku optimization and rationalization.
- Accountable for the design and implementation of supplier-specific programs and promotions.
- Provide recommendations on strategic program direction based on sound ROI analysis.
- Conduct catalog reviews for customer marketing vehicles and assist Category Product Manager in catalog reviews for United Stationers marketing vehicles.
- Conduct on-going market research and analysis to formulate recommendations to the Category Product Manager.
- Responsible for allocation of supplier marketing funding and negotiation of incremental funding to support execution of Category Marketing initiatives.
- Manage the development of front-end ''Web products'', meaning the Web features/applications like Product Presentation, Search Capabilities, Product Selection & Organization.
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationer’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Ability to work independently and is self-motivated and proactive in achieving individual and team objectives
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Capacity for creative thinking in negotiating or problem solving atmosphere
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- In depth knowledge of Office Products Marketplace and industry trends desired
- High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook - Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably Marketing or other Business discipline
- Minimum 3 years in a business analyst or associate marketing manager role in a customer centric, marketing driven environment.
United Stationers - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...