Category Specialist - Oral Care (Job Number: 013484) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Reporting directly to a Category Manager, collaborates with the Category Manager(s) to select merchandise and services that increase company sales and profits. Responsible for providing the necessary merchandising, promotional plans and programs, and distribution services to assure that merchandise meets consumer and store needs. With direction or input from the Category Manager, develops and implements merchandising techniques and procedures.
- Plans, develops, and recommends sales, gross profit level, inventory control, and merchandise turnover objectives for the assigned department(s) and item(s).
- Develops merchandising, display, advertising, distribution, and sales plans and programs for the Category Manager's (CM) item(s) and merchandise department(s).
- Collaborates with the retail pricing group to determine competitive pricing, additions, revisions, or deletion of items, lines, or departments.
- Collaborates with CM to establish minimum store order quantities for new and promotional merchandise, and recommends minimum shelf stock quantities.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain to determine item forecasts and maintain appropriate item inventory levels.
- Plans, develops, recommends, and coordinates the implementation of co-op advertising and promotional programs.
- Analyzes and evaluates internal and external market research information, and sales and merchandise turnover to ensure the proper merchandise and merchandise mix for CM’s or DMM’s item(s) and merchandise department(s) for both store and warehouse. Works with MPA (Merchandise Planning Analyst) in understanding and applying research and data in developing business plans and reporting other key performance measures.
- Visits Walgreen and competitors' stores and analyzes market trends to keep abreast of current situations and opportunities; ensures correct pricing, introduction of new items and new categories of business.
- Performs business analyses of key performance measures including tracking division's performance against business plan, evaluating promotional planning efforts, verifying the viability of vendor deals, and resolving accounting issues related to deal agreements. Evaluates viability of items in advertising and measures forecast against results.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in retail OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in retail.
- Knowledge of retail business financial concepts, to include: penny profit market, mark-up percents, turns and ROI.
- Knowledge of customer centric retailing principles and the analytics of customer purchase behavior.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Experience in a purchasing or procurement role.
- Experience in merchandising, vendor relations, item forecasting and visual merchandising, and/or marketing in the retail business.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
Walgreens - 7 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...