The CS should be present at all R&D meetings to attain knowledge of upcoming projects and releases that he or she will then pass on to the Marketing Team. The Category Specialist (CS) directly reports to the Category Director who then reports to the Vice President of Equipment. The Category Specialist works as an assistant to the Category Director. These two positions are responsible for being experts in all product lines of Duty Gear. With the support of their Duty Gear Research and Development Team, the Category Specialist and the Category Director will know all technical specifications of the product. The Marketing Team, inclusive of the Marketing Specialist/Senior Marketing Specialist, the Marketing Manager of Equipment and the Director of Creative Services, are to attain product knowledge from the Category Specialist, Category Director and the Vice President of Equipment in order to produce any efforts the Duty Gear Team wishes to implement.
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual category activities (trade shows, conventions, training events, demonstrations, etc.)
- Increase/maintain knowledge of product line to instructor level of knowledge
- Act as central point of contact for any Safariland employee seeking guidance of information related to products
- Input data and manage PIM project
- Track new product launches using the Marketing protocols
- Compile and package sales sample material for new product releases
- Help develop sales tools/aids, coordinate development with marketing team
- Gather all data needed for writing product and technical specs; first run drafts will be managed at this level between R&D, Marcomm, OPS, and Quality with a sign off by the Category Director.
- Gather data in preparation of annual price sheets for products within category
- Handle special projects (external/internal) as assigned
- Organize and prepare presentation resource materials such as data, slides, photos and reports
- Basic knowledge of Visual resulting in the ability to pull useful data for reports
- High level of interoffice administrative tasks include note taking, packing/shipping resource for customer calls
- Support program management by maintaining all program records
- Provide customer service, contract reviews and order tracking
- Prepare and submit quotes and assist costing efforts
- Prepare for trade shows and provide marketing support
- Review invoices to ensure accuracy and track payment
- Facilitate new account setup, credit applications and credit/collections
- Maintains sales metrics for budget/actual sales
Safariland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Safariland - 23 months ago
For more than 25 years, Safariland Armorwear has consistently produced the most technologically advanced bullet-resistant products for law...