Position Overview: Responsible for soliciting new social and corporate accounts, entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
Essential Job Functions:
- Travel to meet with or call individual corporate clients by telephone to solicit annual, week day and weekend business
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services.
- Answers customer inquiries Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients
- Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events
- Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of events and meetings.
- Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Must be available for evenings and weekends for business reasons including attending business/social functions, entertaining clients and oversight of sales & catering client bookings and events.
- Previous catering, food and beverage or sales experience preferred
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests, with high level of patience, diplomacy and tact.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing.
- Basic mathematical skills to complete reports and points of scale.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to operate computers to include MS Office suite software and calculator
- Telephone etiquette skills needed
2-4 Year College degree in business related major
Star Trac - 12 months ago
At Star Trac, we're proud to be an international leader in commercial quality fitness equipment. But we're far from satisfied. From beginner...