Catering Chef Manager (Jackson, MI )
We are a leader & Michigan's largest independent food management firm as well as theTop 50 Contract Dining Service Providers in the nation, for 10 years running. Today, as a leader in the food service industry, we have more than 650 clients spanning business, education, healthcare, government, and the nonprofit sector.
We're looking for an Experienced Catering Chef Manager professionals who know and love the food service & hospitality Industry. Our Quick Café and on & off-site catering/banquet locations needs Chef Managers that are team-oriented who develop others while managing a customer-driven, high-energy environment and want to be part of continued exciting growth. We're looking for Catering Chef Café Manager professionals who aggressively want more than just a job but a career path that leads to personal growth and financial achievement and is comfortable working nights, weekends, weddings, and high level catering events in Jackson, MI area.
We're looking for a Catering Chef Manager with at least 2-5+ Years of current restaurant, café, catering, banquet, or food service or related culinary management experience. Candidates should have a solid background in catering and event orders. Also be a team builder & have excellent customer/client relations as well as strong operational skills and a passion for service excellence.
Provides food services by maintaining caterings and daily operations; maintaining company standards; supervising staff, and growing and improving upon sales goals and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes café human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions of cooks, food service workers, cashiers, and other operations personnel; all while adhering to policies and procedures;
- Meets café operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system and process improvements.
- Meets café financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; Oversee weekly audits on food waste, labor cost, inventory, food ordering, bank deposits and cash handling practices; identifying variances & implementing corrective actions.
- Controls food preparation and service by consulting with cooks and team leaders; merchandising goods and serving meals in an attractive manner; involving customers in food service activities.
- Gathers feedback and commentary regarding food and service by interviewing customers; conducting evaluations; reviewing suggestions
- Prepares café and catering operations/production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing food production and service data and trends.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with sanitation and federal, state, and local legal regulations; SERV-SAFE certified highly preferred, enforce policies for best practices when handling food, sanitation and overall safe kitchen.
- Maintains cafe supplies by purchasing of ingredients and general supplies; conducting inventories; establishing inventory levels, re-order points, receiving and storage requirements.
- Maintains kitchen and catering equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; operating point-of-sale (POS) equipment, such as, cash registers, computers, keypads; instructing staff in equipment use; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations of equipment purchases.
- Accomplishes café operations/sales goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Oversee start to finish on banquet/catering event orders, menues, and customer service. Must have at least 1-2 years of previous experience in this sector/industry and be able to multi-task multiple orders and events.
- Decisive Decision Making
- Strategic Planning & Process Improvement
- P & L experience, Inventory Management
- Excellent Verbal Communication
- Must have strong culinary and knife skills, know all areas of kitchen production
- Supervision Experience, as well as previous catering experience
- Client & Customers Relations
- Quality Management, Serv-Safe Certified highly PREFERRED.
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Staffing & Administrative Duties
- 2-5+ Years of management/culinary experience in restaurant, catering, banquet or related food service setting
- Hands- On Management Approach
- Willing to Submit to Pre-Employment Drug Screen &Background Check
Qualified Candidates Please Send Cover Letter & Resume to:
We are proud to be an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Please include in subject title of e-mail "Catering Chef Manager- Jackson"
Monster - 12 months ago