Catering Driver are responsible for set-up and breaking down of catering and contract events. Drivers are responsible for all paperwork used to fulfill their assignments ensuring it is filled out and filed properly to maintain compliance with contracts assignments that require signatures for both pick up and delivery. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring that the foods delivered at the appropriate temperatures, as well as having these temperatures documented through delivery slips and other means.
Route Driving: May on occasion be asked to fill in as neccessary within other areas of the kitchen.
- Responsible for the set-up, breakdown and display of food items for catering and to other contract food events. (i.e. tables, chairs, display.)
- Responsible for understanding the menu and ingedients that have gone into the preparation for these events.
- Driving to and from customer event location in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive Client relations at all times.
- Make all neccessary arangements prior to function, review function orders and changes: prepare a setup list and ensure all equipement is readily available.
- Coordinate with Catering Sales Manager regarding set-up/breakdown times.
- Deliver prepared food and pick up food in accordance with assigned routes and agreements with clients.
- Provide appropriate receipts to clients or DC Central Kitchen.
- Arrive at specified stops in accordance with the time and date specifications provided on route sheets and/or action memos.
- Complete any extra pickups and deliveries as assigned by the Fleet Supervisor, Transportation Manager, and Catering Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Positive attitude in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment.
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Ability to handle stress and perform duties efficiently and in a courteous, tactful, responsible, and timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong customer service skills when dealing with staff, and customer/vendors.
- Catering experience a must.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to lift (50)lbs., walking, standing, bending for long periods. Moderate physical activity required.
- Desire to be part of a large nonprofit whose mission is to "Combat hunger and creat opportunity".
- High School Diploma, GED and (4-6) years of combined education/work experience.
- 1 year of commercial driving/transit experience and/or catering experience.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Must be comfortable in driving trucks (Non-CDL) up to 22 feet in length.
- Have a good sense of direction and understanding of roadways in the greater DC Metro Area,
- Have or be able to obtain ServeSafe certification.
- Maintain commitment to an alcohol and drug free workplace. This position is a "Safety Sensitive" position. Safety Sensitive employees will also be subject ti random drug.alcohol testing.
***Please include cover letter and resume together****
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 2 years ago