Job Summary: As part of our Catering team, this position participates in product management, food preparation, and shares information with customers in the areas of catering products and services. Contributes to the company’s success through the achievement of our customer service and operating standards.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Culinary Services Program Manager.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one-year restaurant or catering experience required.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrates an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Metropolitan Market - 20 months ago