The Catering Sales Coordinator will be responsible for selling and servicing smaller world class event and functions (60 guests or less) that will create unique and memorable experiences for guests, as well as providing administrative and logistical support for the Catering and Conference Services leadership team. Duties will also include, but are not limited to: achieving department revenue goals in food and beverage and ancillary revenue centers for The Biltmore Company; ensuring quality standards are met and exceeded; planning, up-selling and servicing social events for all estate event locations and venues; logistics and communications for all aspects and details associated with each assigned booking; and general support for the estate’s sales and food and beverage teams. The Coordinator will also handle certain administrative functions (contracts, data entry, etc.) and will provide general assistance and support for the department and company.
· High school diploma (or GED) required. Additional education, training, and/or certification(s) preferred. The ideal candidate will have some college education, preferably in a related field.
· At least three (3) years of related hospitality sales experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. The ideal candidate will have had four (4) years of prior experience in the same or similar role in a luxury hotel/resort environment and/or high end/upscale event planning.
· Knowledge of food & beverage operations and/or banquet/event planning and booking protocols strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of world class service (internal and external).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and the ability to learn Biltmore’s events systems and protocols quickly. Previous experience with Delphi and/or Micros helpful.
· Excellent planning, project and time management, and organizational skills with superior attention to detail and a focus on quality; should be able to prioritize work under deadline and adapt as needed. Must be capable of developing and executing plans as well as taking initiative and responsibility for outcomes.
Must be proactive and take initiative where appropriate; ability to creatively problem solve and exercise good judgment is essential. Should also be comfortable anticipating, addressing, and troubleshooting issues wherever possible.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituencies. Must be able to effectively sell by leveraging the Biltmore story and legacy of gracious hospitality.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective working relationships across the company.
- Ability to handle a variety of guest service situations in professional manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
- Ability to be professional in both appearance and demeanor at all times in accordance with Biltmore standards.
- Must be comfortable with and able to work effectively in a corporate setting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record for the past three years, and be at least 19 years of age.
· Incumbent must be capable of driving and may be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Must be able to work effectively in both an office environment, and outdoors in various types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
· Should be capable of standing/walking for extended periods of time; may also need to climb stairs when accessing historic locations/venues on property.
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...