Downtown Albany- Empire State Plaza Sales Manager As a Mazzone Catering Sales Manager, you will be responsible for increasing corporate, wedding and affiliat|
ed event market revenue through inside and outside sales efforts including trade bridal shows and direct interaction with planners and customers to coordinate their weddings and events for our Empire State Plaza Locations. . This position requires excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a basic understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning. Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with internal departments and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of hotel events. The successful candidate is capable of recognizing opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Job responsibilities include:
Successful candidate will feel comfortable in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities that are within predefined parameters. Refer opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
- Strategically execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence). Transfer accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Integrates current trends in event management and event design.
- Understand and actively utilize company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
- Follow up on opportunities uncovered by business development.
- Effectively resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of Sales/Events Office leadership team as appropriate.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
- Follows up with customer post-event.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Solicits feedback from the other Mazzone Hospitality departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the client's experience.
- Closely working with vendors, food beverage and entertainment departments to ensure successful events
- Face to face meetings with clients and planners to view yachts and review program
- Effectively working with internal customers to promote the success of events, includes operations and culinary team members
Must be organized, detail-oriented, outgoing and have the patience to work closely with clients.
Minimum 2 years of hospitality sales experience.
Minimum 2 years event planning marketing experience
Previous work with the social event/wedding market and event planning.
Previous experience with the corporate and government market a plus
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
This position requires a Tuesday - Saturday schedule
Candidate must be willing to work some evenings and Sundays as the position hours expand and contract according to the client needs.
Essential Job Functions:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced self-starter, with a passion for the hospitality industry, to join our dynamic and busy Sales Marketing team. As a Special Event Manager you will be responsible for attracting revenue in line with the company's strategy, planning and managing the full event process, proactively developing new business, growing existing accounts, contributing towards the Sales Marketing Action plan and attending trade shows as required.
- Bachelors Degree-required
- Minimum of 2 years hospitality sales/events experience. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -required
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to employees, managers, executives and guests. -required
- Proficiency in English. -required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. -required
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office. -required
- Experience with hospitality industry database preferred
- Must be able to work weekends. -required
- In person interview. -preferred
To carry out a minimum of fifteen (15) face-to-face client site inspections of the event spaces each week.
Research all existing client companies for further potential future business and pass relevant leads to the pro-active sales team.
Conduct follow-up call within a 48 hour period of the client event having been held at the hotel to ensure high service satisfaction scores within Mazzone event survey.
Provide detailed and expert customer support to assist with the planning and organization of every detail for each event.
Keep up to date with competitors (existing and new) in these specific segment
Provide creative and innovative suggestions to clients regarding their specialized events
Ensure all inquiries are professionally and efficiently followed up in line with Mazzone mandatory requirements - 4 hour acknowledgement, 48 hour response time with full proposal issued
Client bills to be thoroughly and accurately checked and audited prior to sending out for final payment.
Build strong relationships with external suppliers to enable high levels of service delivery to clients. Previous experience in negotiation of contracts with external vendors
To have an in-depth detailed knowledge and understanding of food (including dietary or religious requirements - eg. Kosher) beverage (wines -vintages) to be able to recommend and discuss items and requirements with clients in detail, and liaise with chefs over menus
Have previous experience in an event operations capacity.
Maintain high level of communication with all hotel operation teams (event operations and culinary) and ensure accuracy in compilation of Event Orders to provide seamless service delivery to client.