JOB TITLE : CATERING SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF CATERING
Under the supervision of the Director of Catering is responsible for generating the majority of banquet revenue as well as assisting in the general management of the Catering Department.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Solicit new business through activities including but not limited to telephone calls and field trips.
- Prepare ‘call report’ on daily basis.
- Maintain contact with ongoing clients on a regular basis.
- Prepare, implement and maintain division standards and control objectives.
- Suggest, confirm and finalize menus.
- Monitor services provided by banquet staff.
- Coordinate activities of catering department with other departments to ensure excellent service to guests.
- Closely monitor market competition.
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports and forecasts.
- Participate in quality control activities.
- Create, implement and monitor a sales action plan for the department.
- Support and uphold hotel philosophy concerning hiring, employee relations, supervision, and disciplinary action.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff and community members.
- Respond in courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and staff difficulties.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of nonstandard intellectual and practical problems in order to perform and direct many varied and complex tasks.
- Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel.
- Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly interaction with supervisor, subordinates, co-workers, and guests in completing assignments, resolving staff and guest complaints.
- Interpret and comply with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- All other duties as required.
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts - 2 years ago