POSITION: Catering Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Catering Sales Manager at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting local Food and Beverage events, and servicing the Food & Beverage needs of convention, trade, consumer show and other F&B clients.
• Assume lead role in soliciting local bookings; large social events, local one day Food & Beverage events.
• Develop and maintain a local customer base.
• Produce contracts and Banquet Event Orders for each event.
• Develop proposals for potential clients and follow through on pending bookings.
• Entertain prospective clients of the Convention Center.
• Report on a daily basis to the Food & Beverage Director information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
• Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
• Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
• Develop menus and other projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of sales and marketing principles necessary to promote the Center.
• At least two years of practical sales experience in hotel or convention center.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
• Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required sales goals.
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
• Excellent computer skills.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Human Resources Designee
SMG managed Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 2 years ago