POSITION: Catering Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Full Time Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Catering Sales Manager at the Ontario Convention Center. The Catering Sales Manager solicits local Food & Beverage events and services the Food & Beverage needs of any convention, trade or consumer show client.
• Assumes lead role in soliciting local bookings, large social events, and local one day food and beverage events.
• Develops and maintains a local customer base.
• Supervises Catering Sales Coordinator and occasionally banquets. Trains all other catering managers.
• Produces contracts and Banquet Event Orders for each event.
• Develops proposals for potential clients and follows through on pending bookings.
• Entertains prospective clients of the Convention Center.
• Reports on a daily basis to the Director of Food & Beverage information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
• Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
• Attends in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
• Attends client functions to ensure all services ordered are delivered.
• Develops menus and other projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position requires previous sales experience in hotels or convention centers. Candidates must have knowledge of marketing principles, public relations, and methods of preparing and presenting effective sales presentations; be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. This position requires regularly walking and standing.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Ontario Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Way
Ontario, CA 91764
FAX: (909) 937-3868
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
SMG World - 9 months ago