POSITION: Catering Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Director
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Catering Sales Manager at the Tulsa Convention Center. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting local Food and Beverage events, and servicing the Food & Beverage needs of any convention, trade or consumer show client.
• Negotiate, influence and sell prospective clients on Food and Beverage Services.
• Develop and maintain a local customer base.
• Produce contracts and Banquet Event Orders for each event. Distribute BEOs to staff 10 days prior to event, finalize guarantee’s 3 days prior to event and redistribute to staff. Finalize all Banquet Event Orders and accurate back up to Event Coordinator and Assistant F&B Manager within two (2) days following event.
• Conduct tastings for all contract clients interested for decision making purposes; arrange all details with Event Services and showcase linens and floral with Banquet Manager.
• Develop event related checklists to streamline catering processes.
• Create requests for cash concessions outlets when needed in BEO format.
• Create deposit schedule and follow up with clients on payments due.
• Develop proposals for potential clients and follow through on pending bookings.
• Be the point person for Food and Beverage with clients for events assigned to Catering Sales Manager.
• Entertain prospective clients of the Tulsa Convention Center and BOK Center.
• Report on a daily basis to the Director of Food and Beverage information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
• Work in tandem with Sales Department on client tours and sales efforts in soliciting local bookings; large social events, local Food & Beverage events.
• Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
• Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
• Develop menus, packages and other projects.
• Practice continuous efforts toward menu upgrades and increased services.
• Work frequently with Event Services Department staff to discuss client set up, issues and event schedule.
• Ensure a successful client event by routine and thorough checking of food standards, room set up and on-time service with the result of client satisfaction. Resolving any client concerns.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• A strong communicator: be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format to management and staff as well as to all types of clients
• Organized, able to prioritize, and have strong time management skills
• Fast paced and able to multi-task with a strong recall memory in order to achieve and maintain high levels of guest activity
• Positive and able to motivate all staff to offer hospitality service which exceeds guests expectations
• Experience in menu planning, event planning or conference planning
• Able to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of sales and marketing principles necessary to promote the both buildings.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College in Hospitality, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
• At least two years experience in Catering Sales, Event Manager or Convention Services Manager.
• At least two years of practical sales experience in hotel, convention center or arena.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. All applications must be submitted online at www.bokcenter.com/jobs . All applications must include salary requirements.
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
SMG World - 11 months ago