The Cath Lab Radiologic Tech collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in providing care to patients undergoing procedures in the Cardiac Catherization Lab. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Competently operates radiologic equipment including ability to trouble shoot in order to solve equipment related problems.
- Operates hemodynamic monitoring computer during procedures.
- Performs decentralized testing, according to protocol.
- Assists the R.N. in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the Cath Lab patient.
- Coordinates and organizes supplies, equipment and instruments needed for Cath Lab procedures.
- Provides assistance to physicians performing Cath Lab procedures.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Orients and mentors staff.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current state licensure.
- Working knowledge of computerized hemodynamic monitoring.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Radiology Tech
- Previous experience in a Cath Lab setting preferred.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long periods of time
HCA Inc - 15 months ago