This position reports into the Design Methodology group and will be part of a team that is responsible for library characterization and corresponding reference flow/methodology solutions for a wide variety of technology nodes. The successful candidate will have hands on experience with simulation, post-layout extraction and production cell characterization. The candidate will also be expected to contribute in design methodology development for post-layout extraction and EM/IR and provide support to design teams and customers.
· Provide technical leadership in terms of cell characterization. Own schedules and deliverables.
· Contribute to the support of internal design teams working with the std cell libraries.
· Provide differentiating flows and methodologies for flows including extraction and EM/IR.
· Provide overall flow and tool expertise and leadership to support custom flow from schematic entry through layout, simulation, extraction and verification.
· Develop scripts in Shell, Perl, Tcl/Tk to automate flows as needed.
· In depth knowledge of transistor level custom design.
· Deed expertise in associated EDA tools( including simulation, extraction and EM/IR)
· Demonstrated ability to define solutions to complex problems.
· Good relationship building skills and spoken/presentation skills.
· Expertise in scripting and customization e.g., Tcl and/or Perl.
· Strong written and oral communications in English.
· MSEE or PhD EE degree +5 years experience.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 17 months ago