There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world.
Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY :
Beginner Cell Operator:
This is an entry-level position. Works under moderate to maximum supervision. Operator is trained in only one activity in the cell.
- Operates a corrugator and related production operations including compression operations. The operator performs corrugator setup, with assistance.
- Operates production machines in the cell such as; Spiral Wrap, Silk Screen, Video Jet Laser, Flame Weld End Capper, Hot Plate End Capper, Label and End Cap Engraver.
- Operator is able to complete assembly of hardware and housing systems with guidance using work instructions and blue prints.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS :
Light to Moderate Physical - frequently lifting or moving 5 to 25 pounds from three to eleven hours daily or frequently lifting or moving 25 - 60 pounds. Based on product being corrugated the weight will vary from very light weight to heavy weight parts. Continuous mental and visual attention is required. Diversified operations require constant alertness or activity.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE: Required
Minimum 1 year in manufacturing environment
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE: Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in basic shop math including decimals and fractions and US standard measuring system.
- Has basic understanding and is able to use sound judgment to interpret production documents to meet production standards.
- Knows how to proficiently uses basic hand tools,
- Must be able to correctly complete D.I.R.’s. and all required process documents,
- Has the ability to effectively communicate, understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- As required, knows how to use the computer terminal to access and enter production information and can efficiently use the information once accessed.
Has experience in cellular manufacturing
- Correctly uses basic measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators and scale,
- Knows how to interpret drawings, routings, sketches and work orders,
- Understands diameters and radius,
- Knows when and how to adjust setup during operations,
- Has experience with ERP (SAP shop floor transactions) and barcode readers.
Pall Corporation - 5 months ago
- 30+ days ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...