Indianapolis, IN, USA
The Cement Composite Research Engineer provides R&D and prototype development to successfully bring new products to market. They work directly with the Lead R&D Engineer and the President to develop engineered cementitious composite materials for material handling applications such as rollers, pallets and rack beams.
Superior Performance Objectives:
- Engineering Creativity
- Researches existing "best practice" technologies for composite applications and is willing to try new approaches for material handling applications.
- Rapid iterative prototyping.
- Detailed Testing Procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Materials Engineering Preferred, can be attending class
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Courses in cement structures a plus
- Ability to analyze engineering problems and develop creative solutions
- Excellent organization and prioritization of daily tasks and projects
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining progress toward completing tasks.
- Very strong technically
- Enjoys lab work and testing, doing research on the Internet and reviewing existing patents
- Ability to focus and move quickly through the available options
- Capable of assimilating collaborative teams to reach a common technical goal.
- Responsive to requests.
- Positive, Energetic, and Optimistic
- Comfortable operating independently, autonomously
- Team player.
- Ambition and desire to succeed.
- Research: Printed Material, Internet, Patents, etc.
- Develop 3D models (Solidworks)
- Test the models for structural, magnetic, and thermal characteristics
- Build iterative prototypes
- Maintaining the financials of prototype related project costs
- Negotiate (Purchasing Agent) items that have to be outsourced.
- Collaborate with external partners to assist in the design or development of prototypes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bastian Solutions is an independent system integrator dedicated to helping our customers increase their productivity through proven...