Under strict supervision, the entry-level Cement Equipment Operator learns basic safety, operations, and repair procedures on departmental equipment, utilizing the mentor program and on job training to include but not limited to: Performing pre- and post-job equipment inspections, performing preventative maintenance procedures, and maintaining support equipment (i.e., pumps and treating lines). The Cement Equipment Operator assists in the clean-up, repair, and preparation for a job, and may be asked to assist during the rigging up and down of service line equipment at the well site.
At advanced levels within this position, the Cement Equipment Operator promotes excellent customer relations and satisfaction with the work performed at the well site while performing equipment rig up and rig down and preparing equipment for performing the job. With little or no supervision the individual in this position is responsible for safe and efficient operations of bulk equipment and cement pump equipment on the well site; during the delivery of services in accordance with customer's design and key performance indicators (KPI's). Additionally, the Cement Equipment Operator performs necessary calculations as well as data collection and data distribution at the well site utilizing Tough Book and Configurator as needed. At the culmination of each job, the cement equipment operator coordinates the clean-up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
• Pass the company’s drug screen.
• Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”.
• Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
• Acceptable criminal history.
• Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
• Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
• This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
• While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
• Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Must have a valid CDL A driver’s license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
• This position may require HAZMAT endorsement.
• Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required for the position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Computer skills are necessary.
• Must be knowledgeable of company policies, HSE standards and departmental guidelines.
• 10-15% travel required
1. Learns basic operations with cement delivery and bulk equipment.
2. Develops necessary skills to operate departmental equipment as well as the ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
3. Assists with facility equipment function testing
4. Responsible for the safe operation of bulk equipment, rig-up of iron and high pressure pump operations during the delivery of services, in accordance with the customer’s design and KPIs.
5. Responsible for the integrity of the discharge iron installation.
6. Responsible for the rig down of equipment to return to the facilities.
7. Prepares cement pumping equipment for the well site.
8. Demonstrates the ability to perform equipment function checks in preparation for the job.
9. Utilizes real-time data under dynamic job conditions, communicating results to appropriate personnel at the location.
10. May be required to drive company light-duty and commercial vehicles.
11. Takes an active role in quality improvement processes.
12. Works under direct supervision. Job Duties are highly defined with infrequent but direct supervision.
13. Ensures that a high level of efficiency and readiness is achieved by the department in regards to equipment operating.
14. Ensures compliance with all company and client Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) practices and guidelines.
15. Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA’s are followed.
16. Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
17. Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
18. Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
19. Retains an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
20. Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
21. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
22. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
23. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Oil and gas exploration and production companies need a little support in order to ply their trade around the globe, and like a good...