Cementing Product Champion
Cementing Product Champion
Location: Houston, Corporate
Job Category: Corporate
Reference #: CementingProduct Champion
Position: Cementing Product Champion
Location: Corporate - Houston, TX
Objectives of the Position
The successful candidate will initially oversee the implementation of the Side Entry Swivel Sub into operations, this will include the development and completion of all documentation related to commercialization of the product. This will be done using the Tesco New Product Development process.
This will then develop into a broader role which will involve the development of technical training programs for the sales, operations and maintenance teams to allow them to deliver best in class performance from the SESS.
In tandem with the above the Product Champion will develop a wider offering of complimentary cementing services and products.
The Product Champion will be a full time job for significant product developments.
- Vice President of Tubular Services
- Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
Product Development, Research & Engineering
Mentorship, Training and Development
- Acts as liaison between all the product development stake holders. This includes: R&E, Marketing & BD, Finance, Legal (for IP issues), operations, all Third Parties involved in the process,
- Works with the VP Marketing to ensure sufficient understanding of the market, client requirements and other market intelligence. Also visits and gathers information form industry forums and events, competition, etc. Ensures all such input is incorporated into the product development process.
- Works with the VP Tubular Services to develop a product commercial and pricing strategy. Interacts with clients as required.
- Works close with all BU TS sales teams to develop an Opportunity Evaluation Sheet and regionally based Business Development plans, using the Tesco Business Development and Sales Process.
- Introduces the product to the field. This includes giving presentations at field locations, conducting train-the-trainer sessions for TESCO training instructors, sending out field correspondence and monitoring and reporting on product introduction success,
- Directly present and accountable for all initial field jobs, including planning, execution and capture of lessons-learnt.
- Tracks, analyses and reports the entire competitors activity for competitive products.
- Introduces and implements cementing software and trains all key BU personnel.
- Mentors TESCO Managers that are involved with the Product to ensure they have a basic technical understanding.
- Assist TESCO Training Director in the set up and preparation of all product required training activities, including the training contents and curriculum.
Trade Shows and Presentations
- Prepares articles for the TESCO Magazine and Marketing Express, relative to the Product.
Competencies Required For Effective Performance
- Prepares and delivers presentations to Tescos management, clients and other industry forums related to the Product.
If you would like to join a team of global
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills as there are a high degree of dealing with internal employees as well as clients and industry forums.
- Best in Industry knowledge of all aspects of the cementing service and product sales business.
- Self-motivated, Well organized
- Senior level software skills
- Multi-task/ability to prioritize
- Available for significant travel worldwide
- Practical oilfield experience over multiple disciplines is preferred.
leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based
solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in
confidence using the online application form, before
We conduct post offer drug/alcohol testing and have a zero tolerance policy. All
applicants are thanked in advance, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tesco is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. F/M/D/V
Tesco makes tools for those who work alfresco. The company makes drilling equipment for oil and gas producers worldwide and is organized...