Leave your mark on the world. . . join our enthusiastic team. . . and broaden your horizons in Houston's West Side!
Does working in the company of people who share the passion and vision of creating a better world through learning speak to you? Perhaps you belong here. As a growing organization, we are constantly on the lookout for talented, passionate people.
Are you ready to help us make the world a better place?
Maybe it’s time to graduate to the most important work of your career.
When parents entrust us to be a part of their child’s life, we are honored by the opportunity and responsibility. With over 40 years of experience in caring for and educating children, we provide parents with a peace of mind and confidence that their children will be nurtured and given opportunities to grow and develop through a balance of learning and fun. Our passionate teachers are dedicated to the development of the whole child and engage in interactive and fun activities with each child to help support their social, emotional, physical and academic growth.
KinderCare has many opportunities available in your area. Come and see what it’s like to be part of a movement that’s bigger than any one of us and more than the sum of all of us.
About KinderCare Learning Centers: As the nation’s largest private provider of early childhood education and care, our child development programs, based on 60 years of educational research, are developed for infants, toddlers, preschool, prekindergarten, kindergarten and school-age children.
The Center Director is a frontline management role. They effectively operate and manage all aspects of KLC programs. They are directly accountable for operational aspects of the child care center, ensuring quality care and education for children; achievement of financial targets, applying rigorous, proactive cost controls; incorporating active continuous improvement in quality of operations; delivering exemplary customer service; and ensuring legal compliance. They meet expectations for delivering customer acquisition and retention, quality program, financial management, operational compliance, and demonstrate expected behaviors.
- Consistently executes plans that ensure the company’s mission of serving families and children, in alignment with company values.
- Actively leads teaching staff to effectively accomplish center targets, objectives, and goals.
- Models and imbeds company mission and values into all operations, i.e., KLC Mission, Values, PRIDE guiding principles, Spirit of Service, etc.
- Ensures orientation and training is received by teachers and/or others and equips employees with job-critical knowledge and education.
- Conducts financial analysis of center results, evaluates, assesses, determines course of action with District Manager.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate personnel.
- Partners with District Managers to create and implement plans and strategies that result in increased enrollment.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
Customer Acquisition and Retention
Implements sales and service strategies to ensure enrollment growth and retention of existing families. Follows-up to understand reasons for disenrollment. Insures customer satisfaction through responding to parent issues. Trains staff how to respond appropriately to parent issues. Ensures phone inquiries and tours are handled professionally. Escalates issues to DM appropriately. Maintains effective relationships with licensing officials, community reps and vendors. Holds frequent conversations with parents regarding level of satisfaction. Models appropriate sales and service actions.
Creates positive environment that demonstrates respect for all. Focuses on building center’s organizational capability by creating a recruitment plan, networking and retaining talent. Supports environment of continued development by identifying needs and matching resources. Creates professional development opportunities for all. Models continuous learning by staying abreast of industry best practices. Uses reward and recognition to support as pay-for-performance environment. Completes timely appraisals and provides specific feedback. Implements disciplinary actions where appropriate. When necessary, has authority to discipline Center staff for poor work performance or misconduct, up to and including termination of employment.
Quality Program Delivery
Trains staff to implement curriculum in a consistent manner. Models interactions with parents that reinforce curriculum highlights. Proactively recognizes and responds to parent concerns. Escalates issues to DM as appropriate. Ensures physical conditions of facility meet company standards. Confirms staffing is in ratio. Partners with Education Specialists to raise quality of center’s program implementation. Works cooperatively with DM to aggressively improve areas of concern. Responsible for staff hiring and staffing levels.
Achieves financial results by analyzing information, monitoring trends and adjusting plans as needed. Proactively uses financial information to identify early warning signs so that corrections can be made to insure that center is on plan. Reviews information on a weekly and monthly basis to insure that timely changes can be made. Aggressively manages AR’s. Flexes labor to revenue. Reconfigures classrooms to optimize efficient use of labor. Complies with all compensation guidelines. Awards merit increases judiciously. Ensures all bills are paid promptly.
Assures center provides a safe and healthy environment by complying with company health and safety policies, as well as state, federal and local requirements. Works with District Manager to implement action plans when complaints or violations are noted. Ensures that all paperwork and record keeping is completed on time and maintained according to company standards. This includes child files, staff files, state required information, etc. Ensures that physical building and vehicles are clean, safe and meet all company and regulatory requirements.
Position Requirements: Skills, Education / Knowledge, Experience.
- Related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Early Childhood Education preferred.
- One or more years’ experience managing non-exempt employees, quality control and finances in service industry preferred (children’s education, care, development preferred).
- Demonstrated strong skills in sales and customer service.
- Budget and financial accountability and revenue-generation experience preferred.
SOLID COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Solid communications skills – oral and written.
- Computer skills – must be computer literate at a general business-level (word processing, Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft Outlook e-mail functionality).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Specific physical demands of this job include, but, are not limited to the following:
- Ability to sustain a high level of energy.
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment.
- Ability to thrive under frequent pressure.
- Must be physically able to use a personal computer.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to drive between multiple locations on a frequent basis. Overnight travel to company or other professional conferences or meetings is occasionally required.
- Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a childcare facility. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
- Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Typically a center would include large numbers of active children and are equipped with children’s “tools” including furniture, toys, and equipment, and facilities to provide for the care, feeding, education, transportation, and nurturing of children. Limited space is provided for adult administrative purposes, i.e., check-in area, small office equipment area.
What KinderCare Offers
At KinderCare, we remain committed to bringing the highest quality early childhood education and care to our children and their families, and we update our programs frequently with some of the most innovative thinking in early childhood development and education.
For more information about KinderCare careers, please visit us on the web at http://www.kindercare.com/careers .
Thanks for your interest in careers at KinderCare!
Knowledge Universe is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Knowledge Universe - 21 months ago