Frontline management role. Effectively operates and manages all aspects of Knowledge Universe programs. Directly accountable for operational aspects of the child care center, ensuring quality care and education for children; achievement of financial targets, applying rigorous, proactive cost controls; incorporating active continuous improvement in quality of operations; delivering exemplary customer service; and ensuring legal compliance. Meets expectations for delivering customer acquisition and retention, quality program, financial management, operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors.
· Consistently executes plans that ensure the company’s mission of serving families and children, in alignment with company values.
· Actively leads teaching staff to effectively accomplish center targets, objectives, and goals.
· Models and imbeds company mission and values into all operations, i.e., KU Mission, Values, PRIDE guiding principles, Spirit of Service, etc.
· Ensures orientation and training is received by teachers and/or others and equips employees with job-critical knowledge and education.
· Conducts financial analysis of center results, evaluates, assesses, determines course of action with District Manager.
· Develops and maintains good working relationships with state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate personnel.
· Partners with District Managers to create and implement plans and strategies that result in increased enrollment.
· Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company policies and procedures.
· Early Childhood Education preferred
· Related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
· One or more years experience managing non-exempt employees, quality control and finances in service industry preferred (children’s education, care, development preferred)
· Demonstrated strong skills in sales and customer service
· Budget and financial accountability and revenue-generation experience preferred
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong customer orientation
· Strong management skills
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks
· Solid communications skills – oral and written
· Computer skills – must be computer literate at a general business-level (word processing, Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft Outlook e-mail functionality)
· Ability to sustain a high level of energy
· Ability to excel in an ambiguous and continuously changing, competitive environment
· Ability to thrive under frequent pressure
· Must be physically able to use a personal computer.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
· Must be able to drive between multiple locations on a frequent basis. Overnight travel to company or other professional conferences or meetings is occasionally required.
· Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a childcare facility. Depending upon activities and season, may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
Knowledge Universe is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.