CENTER MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR|
General Description of Duties:
Assure that the site operates effectively, efficiently and consistent with the Salud model of care delivery, focusing on Saluds mission and vision and Goals included in the strategic plan. Provide senior leadership at the site and manage all aspects of the site's health care delivery system, excluding direct patient care and clinical protocols which is led by the site Medical Director. Senior leadership functions shall be carried out through implementation of a leadership team approach to shared decision making among the Medical Director, Business Manager and Medical Support Manager, however, this position has lead decision making authority for the assigned clinic(s).
Works under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Operations.
Supervises the Business Manager, Medical Support Manager and works in partnership with the Medical Director on clinical decisions and clinical issues.
Provide senior level leadership at the assigned clinic(s)
- Assure safe and well maintained facilities
- Form an effective partnership with the Medical Director, to assure the delivery of high quality primary and preventative health care services
- With the leadership of SALUD administration, develop company-wide and site specific goals and objectives designed to meet SALUDs mission and vision
- Lead and coordinate site leadership meetings at least bi-weekly, lead and coordinate all staff meetings at least monthly. Assure that all staff attends meetings
- Hold managers accountable for duties outlined in their job description or duties as assigned. Implement disciplinary process as needed. Assist and coach managers to effectively manage all staff
- In collaboration with site leadership, actively participate and assist in managing the hiring, orientation, and training process for new employees
- Responsible for making recommendations and changes in organizational structure, team building and culture change within the clinic(s)
- Analyze and recommend changes in organizational systems, policies and procedures to ensure patient satisfaction, clinic flow and maximum productivity
Assure that SMART Scheduling systems are implemented as intended, manage provider scheduling and vacation requests.
Assist the Vice President of Operations in the development of policies and procedures related to operational issues and ensure compliance all policies and procedures.
Work with the Director of Pharmacy to oversee pharmacy operations and delivery systems.
Responsible to coordinate with the SALUD system the implementation and assessment of adherence to all regulations and compliance standards (OSHA, CLIA, JCAHO, Medicare and Medicaid, etc.)
Attend and participate in the Extended Executive Management team meetings and other meetings as assigned.
Assures staff competency and training in coordination with the Vice President of Human Resources.
Collect all necessary payroll information for the SALUD payroll department on a biweekly basis.
Works with clinic leadership to manage patient complaints and dismissals. Make recommendations for client dismissal to Vice President of Operations and complete dismissal process. Maintain high customer service standards. Respond to patient calls, complaints and needs within 24 hours.
Collects data, prepares reports, compiles and analyzes statistics and answers correspondence to meet the needs of the Executive Management Team.
Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care management.
Works with local community resources in assessing and providing for their needs of the community. Represents SALUD and communicates its philosophy and mission at community functions, as assigned by the Executive Director.
Maintains current knowledge and skills of all computer programs being used in the clinic site.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Appointment:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, objectives, structures, team building and culture change.
- Effective organizational, time management and delegation skills
- Experience with project management helpful.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical/dental staff and the public. Ability to manage difficult or angry patients.
- Knowledge of medical records, medical dictation, medical communication systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Knowledge of fiscal management.
- Skill in leadership, management and direct supervision of employees including administering disciplinary action and performance evaluations.
- Skill in planning, organizing, coordinating and project management
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to create a clinic atmosphere which encourages motivation, innovation and high performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in public settings.
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Nursing or other health related field required. Masters degree in health related field is preferred. Experience may not substitute for a Bachelors degree.
Five years of experience managing and leading a health clinic that targeted low-income, underserved populations. Two years of experience in management, leadership and direct supervision.
Not required, however, licensure in nursing or other health related field is preferred.
Please submit an online application at www.saludclinic.org and attach a cover letter with salary requirements.
This is an Exempt position with a full benefit package available.
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago