PURPOSE: Responsible for managing all aspects of center operations in order to provide quality medical care and services to the MedExpress patients. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive working environment for MedExpress employees. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Regional VP of Operations. Directly supervises clinical and office personnel.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the center. Assures that patients receive excellent customer service. Oversees patient flow and assists medical and office staff as needed. Supports practitioners in providing quality medical care to patients and occupational medicine clients.
- Works with Regional Management Team to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible for collecting, tracking, and maintenance of personnel documents in a confidential manner. Ensures proper training and job performance for all staff.
- Coordinates with Human Resources and the Regional Leadership team to complete employee hiring, counseling, discipline, performance evaluations, and dismissal.
- Handles employee questions and concerns, including payroll, time-off requests, health insurance, and other personnel related inquiries. Regularly provides positive encouragement and feedback to staff. Obtains staff feedback on center operations.
- Assists the Regional Management Team with the development of revisions to the existing policies and procedures. Updates policy and procedure manual as needed.
- Assures HIPAA and OSHA compliance. Maintains the HIPAA and OSHA manuals. Provides on-going training and enforces HIPAA and OSHA requirements.
- Acts as program-liaison between MedExpress and its CorporateCare clients. Assists in marketing of occupational medicine. Responsible for care management for Workers’ Compensation patients in conjunction with the Clinic Support Associate. Assesses clinical policy and workers’ compensation operating guidelines. Generates monthly detailed reports in relation to CorporateCare.
- Reports all aspects of the center to the Regional Leadership team on a daily basis.
- Maintains neat appearance of the lobby and reception area, clinic, and its grounds. Assures smooth operation of all equipment and provides for repairs and maintenance of equipment, building and grounds.
- Tracks office keys, parking permits, and other center properties.
- Prepares monthly schedule for office and clinical employees. Schedules and conducts general staff meetings as necessary.
- Responsible for collection, confidentially and accurate maintenance of patient and business documents. Responsible for quality assurance programming of clinical charting. Manages prompt responses for laboratory test results and x-ray reports.
- Tracks and manages center inventory and initiates re-orders. Manages supply budget.
- Requires working in a clinical setting. Position is primarily office based but maintained at the clinic level. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
- Travel is required 15% to 25% of the time.
MedExpress - 8 months ago