Provide secretarial, administrative and technology support to the director and department.
- Coordinate workshops and events, including set-up and support; assist with agenda preparation, communicate with participants, make room reservations, prepare handouts, order and coordinate food service. Includes physical labor such as moving chairs and tables, driving to pick up food at local delis, and providing registration help.
- Develop and maintain CTL web pages. This includes researching and being knowledgeable and conversant on best practices in CTL web page development.
- Provide support for all ongoing faculty development initiatives.
- Maintain attendance records from events and workshops for faculty.
- Process check requests and expense reimbursements and maintain the CTL budget.
- Assist in developing and creating instructional videos.
- Provide support and work independently to help develop and launch future pedagogical conferences and other initiatives on the PLNU campus.
- Develop and disseminate pedagogical training materials.
- Oversee and maintain the CTL library, including cataloging, shelving, and maintaining books, magazines, and journals, and the library database.
- Provide administrative support to the CTL director, including general clerical functions, answering, screening, and routing calls, making travel arrangements, scheduling appointments, transcribing audio recordings, and interacting with faculty.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years experience performing program support duties required.
- Strong computer skills using Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Experience with event planning desirable.
- Knowledge of or interest in learning videography and video editing software desirable.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment in higher education desirable.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the university.
- Basic understanding of budgeting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good basic math skills.
- Flexible, organized, and able to take initiative.
- Able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines without close supervision.
- Ability to relate positively and professionally with faculty and staff.
- Ability to edit, proofread, and compose documents utilizing correct grammar and punctuation.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Physical ability to set up meeting rooms and drive to run errands off campus. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: