Altarum Institute is seeking a highly motivated individual to work as a Senior Evaluation Lead with our Information and Technology Strategies (ITS) group in Alexandria, VA. The Senior Evaluation Lead will provide support and direction to senior and mid-level staff who work on Health IT initiatives, focusing on Clinical Decision Support (CDS), registries, or other technology infrastructure and tools to improve clinical process outcomes and shared clinician-patient decision making. This person will lead the development of performance metrics, rapid cycle improvement initiatives and program evaluation using multiple data sources such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services CMS and commercial claims and membership data, Clinical Decision Support (CDS) output and physician/patient satisfaction surveys.
ITS professionals develop and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies. Our staff members are sought for their expertise, leadership and integrity – we are researchers, developers and consultants working to leverage information technology to improve health and healthcare.
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors.
• Designing program monitoring metrics that focus on the structure, process and outcome measures that fit within a rapid-cycle improvement model
• Performing quantitative and qualitative research to measure Health IT adoption and clinical improvement outcomes for a range of applications and clients
• Coordinating the creation of evaluation tools (e.g., questionnaires, focus group guides, survey questions) to be integrated into overall program evaluation design
• Management of large-scale data collection projects, including the integration of disparate data sources
• Conducting data analysis, including financial analysis and modeling, descriptive statistics and advanced statistical applications
• Serving as primary contact with government entities (such as ONC, CMS) or their evaluation subcontractors
• Producing reports, articles, manuscripts, and presentations in collaboration with project teams
• Mentoring mid-level evaluation staff on methods
• Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or related field of social science.
• Strong data analysis skills.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and multiple projects.
• Proven experience with SAS/SPSS programming
• Working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics.
• Must be detail-oriented, a creative problem solver and team player.
• Claims data knowledge required and experience with Medicare datasets preferred.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Should a government granted security clearance be required for your position now or in the future, said clearance is a precondition for continued employment, and a background check including credit and criminal records will be conducted.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...