Account-level sales person focused on growing New Belgium’s business within a specified universe of key accounts in a market. The Beer Ranger job is special at New Belgium because how the job gets done is every bit as important as the results achieved in the marketplace. The Beer Ranger acts as New Belgium’s ambassador of good beer, good cheer and champion of quality assurance in the marketplace and at the distributorship. The successful applicant will be required to live in the Charlottesville area of VA and will cover a territory from Charlottesville west to Abingdon and the KY and TN borders.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Be able to achieve specified account goals as provided by New Belgium manager within key account universe
• Be able to achieve and/or maintain New Belgium market standards in entire account universe in order to make New Belgium the craft beer market leader
• Spread the Love--develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs in account universe and also keeping accounts informed about new happenings at New Belgium
• Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
• Weekly perform a distributor work with, promos/staff trainings, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night.
• Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of New Belgium and distributor’s businesses
• Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as the owners, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
• Develop understanding for how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling work-withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
• Know pricing of all New Belgium products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
• Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
• Develop market profile target lists, etc
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
• 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
• Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace
• Highly motivated
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
• Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
• General knowledge of brewing process General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
• Strong communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
• Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
• Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
• Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels
• Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements. . Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
New Belgium Brewing Company sales employees enjoy: company vehicle, competitive wages and salaries, a generous benefits package including: life, health, dental insurance, 401(k), participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and a Profit Sharing plan
New Belgium Brewing Company - 19 months ago